Thursday, August 27, 2009

<3 My Job


During the last few years of high school when the subject of college and a future career started coming up, my parents and aunt always told me to do what you love. They asked, "if you could do anything in the world for a career, what would you do?" This quote keeps popping up in my life as I hear friends complaining about their jobs. Yes, sometimes you need an icky job to get you through rough times with bills but my advice is to work to get to a job you will LOVE.
Sometimes I complain about having edit hundreds of wedding photos, or fix blemishes off of high school seniors' faces, or get up before 10am on a Saturday to shoot a wedding but overall I love what I do. I get to meet very interesting people, experience events that I normally wouldn't and stand back and watch people for a job.
Here is a Megan Letterman Top 10 List of Reasons I Love My Job:
10.) My office has a view out of the window (of my neighbor's tomato patch)
9.) I make my own hours
8.) I get to capture happy memories
7.) I get to see brand new babies and puppies
6.) My product is non-replicable so nobody can steal it
5.) I get giddy when the UPS man comes (delivery of albums or prints)
4.) I can watch tv while I work
3.) My boss is awesome
2.)I have the option of working with really sexy male models
And the #1 reason I love my job:
I can work in whatever clothes, or lack there of, I want

No comments:

Post a Comment